|CFD Day Trading|
Cash management is important for CFD day trading. Without proper money management, a person might end up putting too much funds in each trade. If this causes a number of losses then there are chances of losing your account.
A good cash management is extremely important to ensure that your account is not affected too adversely whether you are losing trades or winning trades. Therefore, you can go on trading to make profits.
Traders must remember to keep emotions out of the trade and make an exit when the data tells them to. This means that if your data indicates a downwards plunge, you will need to be able to get out of the trade. You should not stay back in the trade with the hope that all the money lost will be made back. If the data tells you to get out, then you should. Before starting on real trading, a trader needs to get ample practice on demo trading. This is the best way to understand the intricacies of placing orders, entering and exiting trades. Through it, you learn both how to win or lose CFD trades. It is very important to remember that not every trade will get you wins, and even the most successful CFD traders have losses.
Trading strategies and systems
The leverage should be kept to a minimum
The amount of leverage used when trading CFD is the first thing that needs to considered. Leverage has to be kept to a minimum in order to control risks. The prospect of having huge wins maybe exciting, but the first priority should be protecting the losses. The losses will never go out of hand if trading is done at low levels. Low level of trading basically means not exceeding the positions more than three times of the traders account size.
Stop losses should always be used
Traders must always use stop losses. The profit or loss can be determined only with stop loss. Before entering a trade, the trading plan should tell where the stop loss will be and the amount of risk the trader is willing to take on that trade. The fixed percentage risk per trade is one of the most sensible position sizing rules. It ties in the risk amount with the stop loss size.
Stocks that gap should not be traded
CFDs that have a tendency of gapping should be avoided, in order to minimize risks.
Benefits and risks of day trading
Benefits of CFD day trading
· Day trading CFDs does not involve any overnight risk. This implies non exposure to the risk of CFD gapping up or down overnight. And even if the gapping does happen, there is a chance to exit the position at a higher price than the originally intended exit.
· There is no interest cost on CFD day trading. Interest costs won’t be incurred if the CFD is traded within a day and doesn’t rollover trade to the next day.
· CFD day trading gets short term results. Therefore, a short term cash flow can be relied on if the trader is in the position for a shorter time period. Risks of CFD day trading
· CFD day trading needs shorter time frames. This means a trader has to regularly monitor the screen which makes the entire process quite time consuming and tedious.
· Quick decisions have to be made about the trades; therefore it is very important to have a good idea about the trading system.
· CFD day trading usually catches smaller moves. Therefore, more leverage or a bigger float has to be used in order to make larger sums of money.
|Last Updated ( Thursday, 25 March 2010 )|
|< Prev||Next >|